Accounting and Tax Applications
History: Educational activities started under the name ‘Accounting Programme’ in 2002-2003. The name of the programme was changed to ‘Accounting and Tax Applications’ in 2009-2010.
Qualification Awarded: The graduates successfully completing the programme are given the diploma of associate degree in the field of Accounting and Tax Applications.
Level of Qualification: Short Cycle
Specific Admission Requirements: Candidates should have high school diploma or equivalent and get enough points in the University Student Selection Exam.
Specific Arrangements for Recognition of Prior Learning (Formal, Non-Formal and Informal): For English courses, exemption exams are held at the beginning of each academic year. Successful ones are exempted from Foreign Language-I and Foreign Language-II Computer courses.
Qualification Requirements and Regulations: In order to successfully complete all courses (for a total of 120 ECTS) in the programme, students should obtain a grade point average of at least 2.00 out of 4.00.
Profile of the Programme: The aim of the Accounting and Tax Applications is to graduate qualified accounting professionals havıng knowledge and skills so as to serve in field of accounting and taxation, havıng ability to have a command of legislation, continuously improving himself/herself, being loyal to ethical values.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Ability to have basic accounting knowledge and application skill
- Ability to determine financial structure and finance administration of enterprises and state and ability to use contemporary financing techniques
- Ability to use information technologies effectively
- Ability to have the consciousness of professional and ethical responsibility
- Ability to use modern techniques and calculation tools related to his/her profession
- Ability to work individually and in groups
- Ability to have the consciousness of quality notions
- Ability to express his/her opinions orally or written, to have the knowledge of at least one foreign language
- Ability to follow improvements about his/her profession with the idea of lifelong learning
Occupational Profiles of Graduates with Examples: The graduates of this programme may be employed as accounting professional in private sector, and in case of getting enough points in Civil Servant Selection Exam in public offices.
Access to Further Studies: The graduates successfully completing their education of associate degree may receive undergraduate education in Banking, Banking and Finance, Banking and Financing, Business Administration, Business Information Management, Business Administration- Economics, Accounting, Accounting Information Systems, Accounting and Financing Education, Capital Markets, Insurance, International Finance, International Trade departments in case of getting enough points in Degree Completion Exam.
Examination Regulations, Assessment and Grading: Measurement and evaluation method applied for each course is defined in detail in “Individual Course Description”.
Graduation Requirements: Requirements in Qualification Requirements and Regulations section are adequate.
Mode of Study (Full-Time, Part-Time, E-learning …): Full-Time
Adress, Programme Director or Equivalent: Meryem ODABAŞI, Coordinator of Accounting and Tax Applications, Ege University Tire Kutsan Higher Vocational School, 35900, Tire-Izmir.
Tel: (0 232) 5128616-7129.
Facilities: There are two computer labs for students to make practice.