History: Educational activities started under the name ‘Computer Programming’ in 1994-1995.
Qualification Awarded: The graduates which successfully completed the program take diploma in the field of computer programming.
Level of Qualification: Short Cycle
Specific Admission Requirements: Candidates should have high school diploma or equivalent and get enough points in the student selection test.
Specific Arrangements For Recognition of Prior Learning(Formal, Non-Formal and Informal): For English course, exemption exam is held at the beginning of each academic semester. Successful ones are exempted from English course.
Qualification Requirements and Regulations: In order to successfully complete all courses (for a total of 120 ECTS) in the program, students should obtain weighted average grade of at least 2.00 out of 4.00.
Profile of The Programme: To train computer technicians which have sufficient knowledge in all areas of computer science, equipped with the ability to highly apply knowledge and capable of being improved themselves continuously in line with technological developments.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Ability to apply scientific methods and techniques to cases encountered in his/her area by using the theoretical and practical information.
- Ability to explain fundamentals of computer sciences and recognize, model and solve the problems in computer programming subject.
- Ability to analyze, design and implement software in different programming languages.
- Ability to gain information about up to date software and ability to use them.
- Ability to gain information about computer hardware of corporations and laboratories and ability to explain the basic principles of electronic devices and circuits that are essential for the computer hardware.
- Skill of saving, organizing and questioning data in computer environment
- Ability to comprehend the principles of communication, organization and data transfer among computers, ability to use information Technologies in an effective manner.
- Ability to comprehend the system notion and gain the skill to analyze and design information systems.
- Ability to have the consciousness of professional and ethical responsibility
- Ability to use modern techniques and calculation tools related to his/her profession
- Ability to work individually and in groups
- Ability to have the consciousness of quality notions
- Ability to express his/her opinions orally or written, have the knowledge of at least one foreign language
- Ability to follow improvements about his/her profession with the idea of lifelong learning
Occupational Profiles of Graduates with Examples: If they get necessary points from the KPSS, they can be employed as computer operators.
In the private sector they can work as a computer operator.
Access to Further Studies: If they get necessary points from the DGS, they can complete their undergraduate education.
Examination Regulations, Assessment and Grading: Assessment and Grading method applied for each course is defined in “Individual Course Description”.
Graduation Requirements: Requirements in the Qualification Requirements and Regulations are adequate.
Mode of Study (Full-Time, Part-Time, E-learning…): Full Time
Address, Programme Director or Equivalent: Ahmet KAYA, Tire Kutsan Vocational School, Computer Programming Program Coordinator, Tire Kutsan Vocational School, 35900, Tire, İzmir.
Tel: (0 232) 5128616-7108.
Facilities: There are two computer labs. Students can make applications in the labs.